The California Department of Mental Health (DMH) is governed by statutes (state laws) that were passed by the California Legislature. Those statutes give DMH the authority to issue regulations. Regulations are rules that set out the requirements and procedures DMH uses to implement, interpret, or make more specific the statutes that govern the department. Legally adopted regulations filed with the Secretary of State have the same force of law as statutes passed by the California Legislature.
To receive DMH notices of rulemaking please send your Name and Email address to DMH.Regulations@dmh.ca.gov
Office of Regulations
California Department of Mental Health
1600 9th Street, Room 435
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Mental Health Services Act Capital Facilities Outlay Regulations
- 45 Day Notice - 10/07/2010
- Initial Statement of Reasons - 10/07/2010
- Proposed Regulation Text - 10/07/2010
- Finding of Emergency - 09/21/2010
- Emergency Public Notice - 09/21/2010
- Proposed Regulations Text - 09/22/2010
- Public Notice - 07/02/2010
- Proposed Regulations Text - 07/02/2010
- Initial Statement of Reasons - 07/02/2010
- Public Notice - 06/10/2010
- Proposed Regulations Text - 06/10/2010
- Supplemental Initial Statement of Reasons - 06/10/2010
- Proposed Text - 04/27/2010
- Public Notice - 02/26/2010 NEW
- Public Notice - 07/08/2009 (DISCONTINUED)
- Proposed Regulations Text - 07/08/2009
- Initial Statement of Reasons - 07/08/2009
- Public Notice - 12/15/2009
- Proposed Regulations Text - 12/15/2009
- Initial Statement of Reasons - 12/16/2009
- Public Notice - 10/01/2009
- Proposed Regulations Text - 10/01/2009
- Initial Statement of Reasons - 10/01/2009
In collaboration with our publishers, DMH is proud to present the California Department of Mental Health Laws and Regulations, 2011 Edition. This softbound volume combines select California Statutes and Regulations. It also includes a full CD-ROM and Subject Index.
The Statutes and Regulations include:
- Business and Professions Code
- Civil Code
- Family Code
- Government Code
- Health and Safety Code
- Penal Code; Probate Code
- Welfare and Institutions Code
- CCR Title 2 – Administration
- CCR Title 5 – Education
- CCR Title 9 – Rehabilitative and Developmental Services
- CCR Title 15 – Crime Prevention and Corrections
- CCR Title 16 – Professional and Vocational Regulations
- CCR Title 22 – Social Security.
The CD-ROM contains the publication in its entirety, and provides multiple search modes, an expandable table of contents, additional annotations, and tools for managing and tracking research. The Subject Index will help you find what you need easily and quickly.
This is a must-have for all mental health professionals. For more information, please call 1-800-888-3600, or visit our publisher’s website, www.barclaysccr.com.
DISCLAIMER: The documents contained on these pages are facsimiles of the rulemaking records produced at the time the regulations were promulgated. For the most up-to-date and accurate information refer to the hardcopy or online publications of the Office of Administrative Law.